Thursday, December 8, 2011

Trails To Antarctica Blog!

Hi guys! Krel here! With the Trails to Antarctica blog!

Trails to Antarctica is a new exhibit of MOP or Manila Ocean Park. It houses The Penguin Quest, which is divided into 4 zones: the Trails of Antarctica Exhibit Hallway, the Slide o’ Fun, the Penguin Exhibit(Translation: Everyone’s favorite, through the name, I’ll guess you know why), and the Snow Village. (Translation 2: It’s the coldest zone of the Penguin Quest, and you’ll feel frozen and numb in less than 5-10 mins. I hope you’ll feel fine!)


Blue


















The Trails to Antarctica Exhibit Hallway is the 1st zone in Trails To Antarctica:  The Penguin Quest, and does’nt only house penguin pics.

It also has info of other Antarctic residents! The Slide o’ Fun is the 2nd zone in the Trails To Antarctica:  The Penguin Quest. It is a 42-meter ice slide of fun, and I guess you guys will scream on the way down!  You need to ride a 3-seater toboggan to go down the Slide o’ Fun.


Me and Blue


















The Penguin Exhibit is everyone’s favorite zone. It is the 3rd zone of the Trails To Antarctica:  The Penguin Quest. You can interact with but not touch the penguins because they’ll nip you!(Tip: Use your grey matter to find my fave penguin, heehee!)

The Snow Village is the 4th and final zone of the Trails To Antarctica:  The Penguin Quest. You need to double clothes on this one! Ya want to know why? Because it’s nearly as cold as Antarctica! The “blizzard”, actually an snow-producing aircon, can as cold as -15 to -18 degrees Celsius. So pack on the thick clothing!


Blue looking back

















Now, let me tell you my experience. When I went to the Penguin Exhibit, I met a Humboldt Penguin that loved to nip shiny things and people. His name is Blue. If you watched Matanglawin, I’ll guess you saw a Humboldt Penguin nipping Kuya Kim’s shorts. That was Blue. He just loves to nip people! When I tried the Slide o’Fun for the first time, it only provided 2-seater toboggans. But I still had fun! After that, I went to the Snow Village. That time, the blizzard wasn’t on yet. But I still had fun because it was sooooo cold! 

To go to Trails to Antarctica, take the escalator near the VR Mega 4D Rider and Jellies Exhibit, then walk past the White Moon Bar on the 2nd floor and turn left. Finally, walk past the Souvenir Shop. Before I go here are some extra pics!

Blue powering up

Blue attacks!

















That’s all for now! See ya! Matta ne!


No comments:

Post a Comment